All services relate to the track renewals process, from the initial surveys, track design, the track formation dig and setting-out of track elements, to the tamping, rail stressing and track hand-back.
Whether your project requires handback engineers to monitor and verify conformity to Network Rail standards, tamping specialists to survey and perform comparative analyses, the production of ALC files for tamping machines or stressing engineers to calculate, supervise and sign off on the pull, The City Surveys Group is able to provide highly qualified staff at short notice.
One of the largest firms of our type, we operate throughout the UK delivering measurement and engineering services across a range of sectors.
Proven track record
Every year we deliver hundreds of projects on time and on budget to a loyal client base. Over 70% of our work is based upon repeat business.
We save you money
By working harder, longer and more intelligently, over the years we’ve actually saved our clients millions in unnecessary costs and delays.
Honest, transparent pricing
The price we quote is the price you pay. If your brief is accurate and the scope remains the same there will be no additional costs whatsoever.
Training and technology
We’re constantly investing in the latest technology, training, software and systems. Our equipment and people are at the top of their game.
Fast, efficient service
Our business is based around service quality, flexibility and speed. We work with you to deliver the results you need, when you need them.
Permanent way design engineers (InRail/Clearoute proficient) can produce rail designs from a varied source of survey data. 3D Total Station data or Hallade, Level and Theodolite straight data can be used to produce designs to all specifications.
- Survey of site to collect relevant dimensions
- Production of ‘Stressing Plans’ to be signed off by Network Rail Engineer
- Supply of Operative, qualified to Level 3A, to mark out site, calculate and supervise ‘pull’ and collect all relevant data for completion and signing of stressing certificate
- Survey of track geometry and production of Survey/Design comparative analysis
- Mark out track geometry changes and other relevant info on the site in preparation for the tamp during possession
- Production of ALC files for Plasser Theurer Tampers
- Supervision of Tamp followed by subsequent ‘as left’ surveys
Operatives can be supplied to inspect, monitor and verify conformity to standards following track renewals or any other works which may disturb the track. For your assurance The City Surveys Group operatives are qualified from Trackback Levels 1 to 4.
Get in touch
For more information on our range of railway technical engineering services, to request a quote or to discuss a specific project, please get in touch. You can call our office on 0330 024 4988 or send a message through the contact form below.