In days gone by measured building surveys were carried out using tape measures, a large sheet of paper and a wooden board. Whilst there is a time and place for the older methods, The City Surveys Group operate firmly in the 21st Century.
Using the latest measured building survey software and modern, touch screen field computers, data is stored and verified on site and in real time using either Bluetooth-enabled laser measuring equipment or high-definition 3D laser scanners. The result is more efficient survey teams, higher quality drawings and increased productivity. Ultimately, this can mean lower prices for our clients.
What’s more, by using this super accurate technology we can virtually eliminate the potential for mistakes or human error.
- Produce accurate floor plans, cross sections, elevations, reflected ceiling plans or 3D models of a building to educate the planning, design and construction processes
- Clearly show the position and dimensions of all major structural features, architectural and service elements
- Deliverables available in digital or hard copy form and in either 2D or 3D formats
- Highly skilled, experienced survey teams combined with the very latest technology leading to a rapid, efficient turnaround for the client
- The level of information and detail (and thus the cost of the survey) can be tailored individually to the needs of the project
What is a measured building survey?
A measured building survey is an accurate, truly informative model of a building, clearly showing all relevant features and dimensions as they were at the time of the survey. Essentially another form of ‘as-built’ survey, they are the result of a substantial number of on-site measurements, the product of which (the drawing or ‘deliverable’) can be provided in either 2D or 3D formats. Depending upon the client’s requirements, this deliverable would frequently include a combination of floor plans, sections and/or elevations.
Features collected could include everything from walls, windows, doors, sill and head heights to sanitary ware, fire alarms, electrical points, gas entry points and so on. Whilst all surveys of this type will pick up the property’s key structural features (such as beams, columns, walls etc.), the true scope and extents of the survey is only determined by the requirements of the project.
Whilst generally provided as a stand-alone service, a measured building survey is easily mated to a topographic survey. This, in turn, can also be amended to display ground investigation locations (boreholes, trial pits etc) and the findings of any utilities and drainage surveys.
One of the largest firms of our type, we operate throughout the UK delivering measurement and engineering services across a range of sectors.
Proven track record
Every year we deliver hundreds of projects on time and on budget to a loyal client base. Over 70% of our work is based upon repeat business.
We save you money
By working harder, longer and more intelligently, over the years we’ve actually saved our clients millions in unnecessary costs and delays.
Honest, transparent pricing
The price we quote is the price you pay. If your brief is accurate and the scope remains the same there will be no additional costs whatsoever.
Training and technology
We’re constantly investing in the latest technology, training, software and systems. Our equipment and people are at the top of their game.
Fast, efficient service
Our business is based around service quality, flexibility and speed. We work with you to deliver the results you need, when you need them.
What are they used for?
Taking a variety of forms, a measured building survey can be used for a whole host of different applications including…
- Internal design, refurbishment or building re-purposing
- Quantity surveying and estimating
- Property valuation, subletting and rate-able value purposes
- Heritage and insurance recording
Who do we work for?
From architects and structural engineers, private developers and house builders to estate agents, chartered building surveyors and M&E engineers, we deliver precise, cost-effective surveys to a huge range of clients across the broad spectrum of property and construction.
We also work in partnership with a wide variety of private developers and office space lettings organisations wishing to value their properties based on floor space. Furthermore, we also produce licensing plans for public houses, marketing plans for house builders and even carry out verification surveys to assess the accuracy of other firms’ work.
What can we survey?
Whilst by no means an exhaustive list, our specialist measured building team regularly survey…
- Stately homes, ecclesiastical buildings and heritage structures
- Hospitals and other healthcare facilities
- Private dwellings
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Industrial, commercial and warehousing facilities
- Derelict buildings and development opportunities
Get in touch
For more information on our measured building surveys and how they can add value to your projects please get in touch on 0330 024 4988. Alternatively, you can send a message via the form below. A member of our team will get straight back to you.